2019 Glazer and Lorton Writing Institute (GLWI)
- Dates: June 17 – June 28, 2019
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (begins and ends promptly)
- Location: Miami Arts Studio 6-12 at Zelda Glazer, 15015 SW 24th Street, Miami, FL 33185
- Directions for submitting an application to attend the 2019 GLWI:
Participants will not receive a stipend.
Participants may receive either 60 Master Plan Points or 3 Graduate Credits from the University of Miami ($100 per credit tuition rate = $300) after successfully completing the course and submitting the required follow-up assignments.
- The application below must be submitted for each nominee.
- Email communications concerning the 2019 GLWI originate from "GLWI@miami.edu". Please add this address to your "safe senders" email lists.
- Once you complete and submit your online application, you will receive an email confirming that you are applying for the 2019 GLWI. You need to verify that you are submitting your application by clicking the link provided in the email.
- Your principal will also receive an email notifying him/her that you are applying to attend the 2019 Glazer & Lorton Writing Institute and a link to complete his/her recommendation online.
- You will receive an email notifying you that your principal has completed his/her recommendation when s/he submits the online recommendation. At this point your application is considered complete.
IMPORTANT: You should follow up with your principal if you do not receive an email within a few days of submitting your application to request that s/he complete the recommendation. Only complete applications will be considered for acceptance to attend the GLWI.
- Applications are due Wednesday, May 22, 2019
You will receive an emailed letter concerning the disposition of your submitted application by June 5th.
Only participants who receive an official confirmation letter of acceptance will be allowed to register for MPPs or the graduate credits, and attend the Writing Institute.
M-DCPS teachers must use their @dadeschools.net / work email address.
Confirmation emails will be sent to the participant's work email address.
- Participants who opt to receive the 60 MPPs and who receive an acceptance letter must register for the course on the Professional Development Menu Registration System.
- Participants who opt to register for the 3 graduate credits through UM will do so the first day of the GLWI from 3:30-4:00 p.m.
For questions regarding GLWI or the application process, please contact:
Dr. Sharon Scruggs-Williams (Sscruggsfirstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions and issues regarding the online application or taking GLWI for UM credit, please contact:
Nanette Raska (GLWI@miami.edu).